Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 February 2015

What it's like to be a GP receptionist

I have been a GP receptionist for 11 1/2 years at the same surgery. We have approximately 8500 patients and 6 GP's, 2 male and 4 female. It's quite a challenging job and certainly has its ups and downs. I have decided to start a blog about my life as a receptionist as I believe there are many people out there who will be able to relate to a lot of things I say. Life in a GP surgery is pretty much the same anywhere in the UK as proven when you watch the programme currently on tv called GP's life behind closed doors. When watching it you find yourself laughing and saying "we have patients just like that." So sit back and enjoy my ramblings as a receptionist and I promise not to name names!

No comments:

Post a Comment