Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 September 2014

Enjoy Life

People spend a lot of time wishing they had better things in life, better jobs, better cars, better homes, better bodies but what they don't realise is that in the time they are wishing for better things, the time and the things they currently have are going past very quickly.  You only get one life and nobody knows how long you have it for so therefore it's important to make the most of it and accept and appreciate what you have got or have been given.  There is always somebody who is worse off than you.  For the last 11 years I have worked in a medical centre as a receptionist and I think since working there I have looked upon life in a different manner.  When I was younger I used to think you were guaranteed your life until you were well into your 90's, obviously as I got older I realised that this isn't the case.  Recently a young lad passed away at the age of 18 through illness, that's when it really hits home especially when he's the same age and a mate of my son's.  We need to all stop and think about what we have got and enjoy it, that's the problem nowadays everybody seems to live in super fast time, you are always reading on Facebook and twitter people stating so many days and months until Christmas or until their next holiday, and shops are always so many seasons ahead of themselves.  Sometimes I feel that the society we live in just needs to slow down a little and give us time to reflect. So next time you find yourself thinking and wishing for something better, just remember that there are those who would give anything to be in your shoes just as you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment